Monday, January 9, 2012

SEARCH ME, O GOD

Psalm 139





BEFORE A WORD IS ON MY TONGUE
YOU KNOW IT COMPLETELY, O LORD



1O Lord, you have searched me
and you know me.
2You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.
….
WHERE CAN I GO FROM YOUR SPIRIT?



7Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths,a you are there.
9If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10even there your hand will guide me,


your right hand will hold me fast.




FOR DARKNESS IS AS LIGHT TO YOU



11If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.































I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE,
YOUR WORKS ARE WONDERFUL



13For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16your eyes saw my unformed body.
 
 
























HOW PRECIOUS TO ME ARE YOUR THOUGHTS, O GOD!
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17How precious tob me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.



SEARCH ME, O GOD, AND KNOW MY HEART
23Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.




















SEARCH ME, O GOD



Search me, O God,
and know my heart today,




Try me, O Savior,
know my thoughts, I pray;



See if there be some wicked way in me;


Cleanse me from every sin,
and set me free.



I praise Thee, Lord, for cleansing me from sin;


Fulfill Thy word and make me pure within;



Fill me with fire, where once I burned with shame;


Grant my desire to magnify Thy name.



Lord, take my life, and make it wholly Thine;


Fill my poor heart with Thy great love divine;



Take all my will, my passion, self and pride;


I now surrender, Lord, in me abide.



O Holy Ghost, revival comes from Thee;


Send a revival, start the work in me;



Thy Word declares Thou wilt supply our need;


For blessings now, O Lord, I humbly plead.


























No comments:

Post a Comment